Saturday, February 12, 2011

Do you understand your journey?.....I guess

I saw a quote by George Orwell that said, "No one can look back on his school days and say with truth that they were altogether unhappy." This made me think.....I want to punch George Orwell. I have been in school or learning for almost my whole life, and part of the University scene for close to 5.5yrs (I don't want to explain why so long) I am unhappy with it. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? According to the U.S department of commerce only 24.5% of people that enroll in college actually graduate. So many times I feel like being a part of the majority of 75%.

My time that I study for the MCAT takes more of my time than I spend sleeping and eating combined in a week. So if I don't obtain that MAGIC number needed to get into medical school than its all for naught. I have lost so much in this journey and its hard to think it comes down to this. Bye to some friends, bye to some family, bye to my ex-wife, bye to fun, and bye to normality. There better be some "hello" in my near future.

Well I should probably stop writing and start studying, besides who doesn't love Moduli of Elasticity?

2 comments:

  1. You think too much of what you have lost. Try to think of what you have gained. Hello experience, hello knowledge, hello life. Live in the now. Remember if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger. If you keep thinking " maybe I will be happy when..." you may never find it. Don't miss out on today, there is something good in everyday. Love you. And even if you think " bye to some family", they are still there. Whether you like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True dat; regardless to what you may think. Family is never the contary to what it means. You love your family and all of the members in it. I know you do; cause your that kind of guy. What is lost is then regained. When something leaves something comes back in. Love ya

    ReplyDelete